Re: Accidental_engraver & Naturals

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Accidental_engraver & Naturals
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 20:05:04 +0100

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 10:03:13PM +0700, Simon Mackenzie wrote:
> I haven't been able to figure out how to replicate the three naturals on
> this music sheet using Lilypond script?
> Any ideas?

Yes.  My idea is that you should read:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond-learning/Accidentals-and-key-signatures

You DO NOT NEED to use any fancy overrides.  You DO NOT NEED to
change the Accidental_engraver.  You DON'T EVEN NEED to use a ! in
your .ly file.

Just read "Warning: key signatures and pitches".  You might also
need to read the music glossary to learn some basic musical terms,
like "accidental" and "key signature".

- Graham