Re: new website draft 8: almost giving up

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: new website draft 8: almost giving up
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 15:29:25 +0200

Op dinsdag 11-08-2009 om 03:49 uur [tijdzone -0700], schreef Graham
Percival:

> http://lilypond.org/~graham/

Thanks!

> Most of the people who have been working on the website, including
> me, are fed up with it.

> If you feel at all
> enthusiastic about the new website, please consider helping.

I just pushed a couple of build and translation-infrastructure
fixes for the new site

   http://lilypond.org/~janneke/lilypond.org

Tiny bits of the Dutch and French home page are translated
so that you can see it works.

Much to my surprise I found we now have hardcoded file and directory
names buried in python scripts and libraries, deep inside scripts/
and python/ .  The funny thing is that all of these names can be
and actually are globbed by the makefile that drives these scripts.

> Make sure you check out the alternate CSS style #2.  This has
> fancy gradient-shaded menu bars, which could be a great hit.

I don't like the brown colours as much as the green ones.  I'm
not sure about the idea of the gradient, but it's better than
what we have now: no real feedback of where you are...

Also, (main) has become unhidden again.  Graham told me this
was a usability issue, ideas to fix this?

Jan.

AvatarĀ®: http://AvatarAcademy.nl    | http://lilypond.org