polyphony in tablature

From: Patrick Schmidt
Subject: polyphony in tablature
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 22:25:52 +0200

Hi all,

I would like to engrave a piece with polyphonic elements both "traditionally"
(with noteheads) and with tablature. I found the snippet "polyphony in
tablature" and it works fine. But: as I have only a few bars of polyphonic
music I didn't want to use two voices so I tried to typeset it as follows:

\version "2.13.3"

poly = \relative c' {
        << {c1} \\ {a4 g f e} >> a1
}

\score {
        <<
    \new StaffGroup = "tab with traditional" <<
      \new Staff = "guitar traditional" <<
        \clef "treble_8"
        \context Voice \poly

      \new TabStaff = "guitar tab" <<
      \context TabVoice
      \poly

}

This results in an empty tabstaff while the noteheads in the normal staff are
doubled. When I use

<< { \voiceOne c1}
        \new Voice { \voiceTwo a4 g f e }
        >> \oneVoice a1

instead of

<< {c1} \\ {a4 g f e} >> a1

only voiceOne is engraved in tablature. An additional (unwanted) staff appears
which contains the notes of voiceTwo.
Where did I go wrong?

Thank you for your help!

patrick