Re: website draft 6

From: Dmytro O. Redchuk
Subject: Re: website draft 6
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 10:07:29 +0300

2009/7/16 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
> Moved to the official server:
> http://lilypond.org/~graham/

> 4) suggestions.  Yes, these are still valuable, but we could have
>  all the "hey, try out this blue-shaded color scheme" ideas in
>  the world.  But if nobody is working on the .css file, then
>  nothing will happen.
>
> Oh, that reminds me -- the css file.  This also counts as #2
> ("writing text files")... if you're willing to edit that file and
> send us new versions of it, we can take care of the git stuff for
> you.
About "hey" and "the css file".

I would suggest to remove any specs from <body> tag:

vlink="#800080" alink="#FF0000">

And rely on CSS stylesheet.

CSS sheet says:

body {
  /* ... */
  background: url(background-image.png) no-repeat top left;
  /* ... */
}

And after all i have yellow background ;-)

I mean that my browser has been told to use something
which is close to LemonChiffon (#fffacd) when website specifies
no background color.

So, CSS specification overrides in some way those out in the <body> tag,
but contains no background color. As far as ia understood.

I use Firefox/ubuntu (3.0.11 now).

Probably this is a firefox bug (may be i will check w3c specifications later),
but it would be better in any sense to use CSS stylesheet only, i guess.

--
Dmytro O. Redchuk