Re: tablature.ly - please test and comment

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: tablature.ly - please test and comment
Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 10:43:15 +0200

Carl D. Sorensen schrieb:

[...]
But how can I find out whether the tweak is called within a normal or a
tab staff? Within a normal staff, a whiteout should surely be avoided ...

I think you have to do this within the callback, where the context is
available.  Once you have a context, you can see if it's a Voice context or
a TabVoice context.  I'm sure Neil can help with this better than I can.
But if you do a git grep for context, you'll see lots of examples of how to
get information about contexts....

 [...]
No, the tweaks will work only in chord constructs
as far as I know, so I should have a pair of functions
for each feature, i.e.

c4 d \palmMute e f

< c \chordPalmMute e g >4

c4 d \deadNotes e f

< c \chordDeadNotes e g >4

Oh, I wasn't expecting that the new function wouldn't work outside of chord
constructs.

How about using the same function both inside and outside of the chord
constructs, and just including a check to see if the argument is a
NoteEvent.  If it is, use the \tweak method, and if it's not, use the
existing method?

Yes, that would be great. I will dig into the sources and see what I can achieve.

Marc
I haven't tried this out, but I think it could be made to work, and if it
could, then it would greatly simplify things for the users.

HTH,

Carl