indentation question

From: David Bobroff
Subject: indentation question
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 17:08:59 +0000

I noticed something which seemed peculiar to me. When editing a *.ly file I found I got an error when using \appoggiatura inside a slur. I realized that this was probably due to \appoggiatura using a normal slur construct. When I used a phrasing slurs around the \appoggiatura the error went away. Fair enough. What was odd, though, was that when using phrasing slurs the indentation rules (in emacs, at least) would cause everything between the \( and \) to be indented a level. Is this intentional? The same applies for forced beams. Is this the way indentation should work for things like phrasing slurs and forced beams?

-David