Re: \partial at start, but want whole bar at end

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: Re: \partial at start, but want whole bar at end
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 18:55:24 +0200

Am 22.05.2009 um 18:21 schrieb Paul Hodges:

--On 22 May 2009 18:02 +0200 "James E. Bailey"

I've never seen this, in fact the opposite! How is lilypond
insisting? Can you make a two or three measure example that shows
what you mean?

Sorry, I missed out what turned out to be the key bit of information -
that the last bar was also the second part of an \alternative at the
end of a repeat which started with a \partial.  I have been shown a
solution off list.  What I had written was:

\alternative {
{ c2. }
{ c1 \bar "|." }
}

which gave a second-time section with a semibreve but also an empty bar
before the double bar at the end.  The solution offered (and gratefully
accepted) was:

\alternative {
{ \set Timing.measurePosition = #(ly:make-moment -3 4) c2. }
{ c1 \bar "|." }
}

I don't understand it yet, but working it out will be educational.

Paul

--
Paul Hodges

I'm not sure if this is the same solution, but since I don't understand the make-moment stuff, I do it the difficult way (basically, changing the time signature to 3/4 for the one measure):

\version "2.12.2"

timeSigHide = \once \override Staff.TimeSignature #'stencil = ##f
\relative {
   \repeat volta 2 {
      \partial 4
      c4