Re: lilypond via web interface: security considerations

From: Mike Blackstock
Subject: Re: lilypond via web interface: security considerations
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 14:47:54 -0400

No problem; if you do implement a chroot jail, the Sessink kit will make it relatively painless.

Of course, 'security' is relative - nothing will stop a commited hacker who's targeted your system, so I'm a bit
mystified by some of the other responses here. The original question was how to prevent people from executing
arbitrary commands that may remove important system files. The answer is install the jail and limit what's
in your bin directories. That'll stop the 'kiddie' hackers, which is probably what you want to do.

Cheers,
Mike