Re: rhythm dynamics

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: rhythm dynamics
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 10:51:45 +0200

isaac schrieb:
Hi, i'm isaac
ive been recently composing my own music but i came to a problem. I cant find where the rhythm dynamics are in the online manual. im looking for the input names for ritenuto', 'a tempo' and the likes to put into my composition. Am i simply looking in the wrong place, not looking hard enough or is it input differently?
sorry if it is any trouble for you

Hello Isaac,

you have to use \markup for these indications, because they are not predefined
in lilypond:

c4^\markup { \italic "ritenuto" } d e f g_\markup { \italic "a tempo" }

More informations about \markups are here to find:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond/Text-markup-commands#Text-markup-commands

Marc
thank you

isaac