Re: filling meaasures with rests automatically

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: filling meaasures with rests automatically
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 10:50:31 -0400

Hi Stefan,

there is one feature, that I know from Sibelius and Finale, which
would be great to have in Lilypond too.
If You have for example just one sixteenth note in a 4/4 bar, than
sibelius automatically fills the rest of the bar with rests.
I think rosegarden is able to do that too, but as far as I know, it is
not possible to do this within lilypond.
Could it be possible to write a script for this?

This would be pretty simple with a Scheme function.
You would definitely have to use bar checks on every measure, though, or else the Scheme function could not tell where you wanted the measure to end.

Hope this helps!
Kieren.