Re: How do you run/open Lilypond?

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: How do you run/open Lilypond?
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 09:55:27 -0500

Jeb wrote:
I downloaded, installed and did the test.pdf , but can’t find a way to open the actual program anyplace. I am running Windows XP and did restart after installations.

Thanks for your help!

*Jeb Barrett

Jeb,

Check the third question/answer on this page:

http://lilypondwiki.tuxfamily.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Lilypond doesn't work like other applications. You edit your source code in a text editor and use the lilypond compiler to produce a score from the source. There's no graphical interface.

Best,

Jon

--
Jonathan Kulp