Re: mixing notehead styles in chords

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: mixing notehead styles in chords
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 22:05:08 -0700

2009/3/23 Steve Yegge <address@hidden>:
> Hello,
>
> In flamenco and bossa-nova guitar music it is quite
> common to damp some (but not all) strings with the
> left hand while strumming.  The standard notation for
> this is to have cross-noteheads on the damped strings
> and normal noteheads on the strings that should ring.
>
> Lilypond makes it extremely tedious to deal with this
> relatively common situation.  It's easy to have the entire
> chord drawn with x-noteheads, but much more difficult
> to get only some of the notes to have x-noteheads.

Perhaps you could use the \tweak command to get the output you need.
I assume there is a way to automate this more or less with music
functions, but I can't look into it right now.

\tweak is explained in the Learning Manual, chapter 4.1.4

%%% BEGIN %%%
\version "2.12.2"

\relative c' {
  <a-0 e'-2 a-3 c-1 e-0>8