Re: [Frescobaldi] Re: easy insert fret diagrams (with Frescobaldi)

From: Grammostola Rosea
Subject: Re: [Frescobaldi] Re: easy insert fret diagrams (with Frescobaldi)
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 17:30:56 +0100

Wilbert Berendsen wrote:
Op zaterdag 21 maart 2009, schreef Grammostola Rosea:
I was wondering if there's an easy way to insert Fret Diagrams for
guitar in Lilypond. Most of the time I use templates from Frescobaldi,
but I don't see an  Fret Diagram option there.

I like to display the fret diagram and the chord name above it.
I would like to make this an official feature request ;)

Frescobaldi SVN now has support for predefined guitar fret diagrams in the Chord names part (and Lead Sheet).

Markup fret diagrams should be added by the user to the music, makes no sense in the score wizard.

Support for Automatic fret diagrams could be added to the fretted instruments, but they probably need their own music stub, i.e. the user has to specify music for both the staff/tabstaff and the automatic FretBoards context. This is all quite complicated and the Score Wizard should help get users with not too much LilyPond knowlegde on the rails, but not be so complicated that you only understand the Score Wizard because you understand LilyPond ;-)

Thanks, it seems to work! :)
I will play with it and I will see if it good be improved or if it's ok like it's now.

Kind regards,

\r