Help for paper about LilyPond and WYSIWYM sofware

From: MonAmiPierrot
Subject: Help for paper about LilyPond and WYSIWYM sofware
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 09:20:43 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

in a couple of months I have to speak at a conference about computers &
music/critical editions. I will introduce to a Finale-enslaved audience the
great advantages of LilyPond (by the way, I'm going to talk more about LaTeX
stuff: music things will be just one of the subjects).

I'm a musicologist, not a LilyPond (or other software) pro so the thing
would definitely be something much more like a divulgative/ads/propaganda
;-) thing than a specialized research. For this reason, I want to cite some
statistics, relevant opinions, important projects/editions/initiatives based
on LilyPond and so on, which are not listed in LilyPond site.

Did anyone write something about LilyPond and the WYSIWYM “philosophy”?

Any help would be apreciated and - if possible - referenced.

Thanks, Piero

-----
Piero Faustini, PhD student
Dipartimento di Scienze Storiche
Sezione musicologia
Università di Ferrara

Software used:
- LyX 1.6.1 on WinXP; EndNote & JabRef
- MikTex
- LaTeX class: Koma book
- Lilypond and MusixTeX for example excerpts
- BibLaTeX for bibliographies