Re: Lilypond on Ubuntu

From: David Stocker
Subject: Re: Lilypond on Ubuntu
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 16:20:17 -0400

To clarify, a decent location for the documentation files would be /home/yourusername/lilypond-documentation where "yourusername" is the special name of your particular home folder and "lilypond-documentation" is the name of the folder where you extract the documentation tarball. Leave out the extra "/"s around "yourusername" (I tried to put it in italics in the earlier post).

Dave

David Stocker wrote:
For the documentation tarball, extract it to a convenient location (like /home//yourusername//lilypond-documentation) on your hard disk and then create a bookmark for it in your favorite web browser.

Craig Bakalian wrote:
Hi,

I am confused about the installation procedure for getting Lilypond on Ubuntu. I just bought a laptop at a yard sale for 30 USD. It is a compaq presario 2100. Ubuntu cannot drive the modem so I cannot download directly to the laptop. So, I will download to an iMac and burn a CD. The big question is what do I put on the CD and how do I get it to install on to the amazing 30 dollar laptop? Also, what is the correct download from the Ubuntu list. I am running Ubuntu 8.04 which is called Hardy, I think...? You know things are bad in the economy when you can buy a laptop for 30 dollars at a yard sale!

Craig Bakalian
560 Keswick Drive
Yardley, PA 19067
215-428-0856