Re: Spliting lyrics on beamed notes

From: Alberto Simões
Subject: Re: Spliting lyrics on beamed notes
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 20:01:30 +0000

Jonathan Kulp wrote:
> Alberto Simões wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> By default Lilypond is considering that beamed notes are used for the
>> same syllable. While that is used in many cases (most, in fact), I am
>> dealing with a specific music where I want a different syllable for each
>> note.
>
> Strange, I've never known Lilypond to do this.  The only time it puts
> one syllable over more than one note for me is when the notes are
> slurred together.  If I run the following code, for example, it has one
> note per syllable and the 8th note are all beamed together:

I think I discovered why it is doing that. When I set autoBeamOff and
then specify manual beams, lilypond interpret it as a slur :)

I think I found out a workaround :)

Cheers
Alberto
--
Alberto Simões - Departamento de Informática - Universidade do Minho
                 Campus de Gualtar - 4710-057 Braga - Portugal