new articulation

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: new articulation
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 08:38:08 +0100

Hello, I'm transcribing some organ music and there are a couple of symbols that are used rather frequently, and I was wondering how difficult it would be for me to try and create them myself.

TIFF image

TIFF image

First, a bracket, either above, or below a note, on either the left or right side. (I just realised that I didn't scan the version with it on the right, but that occurs too.) And second, something similar to the figured bass extender lines, but for fingering, and not connected. I suppose I get that to work with a clever assortment of markups, fingering, and script overrides, but I'm looking for suggestions on how I could do it better.

TIFF image

TIFF image

Next, a slash that occurs either in the staff, or outside. I've strung together a series of overrides that gets me the one in the staff:
{
        \once \override Voice.Stem #'stencil = ##f
        \once \override Voice.Beam #'stencil = ##f
        \once \override Voice.NoteHead #'stencil = #ly:text-interface::print
        \once \override Voice.NoteHead #'text = \markup \tiny "/"
}
I've done similarly for the one above the staff, but as previously said, I'm looking for ways to do this better:
\markup \left-align \rotate #330 \bold \tiny "/"

Any help or tips would be much appreciated. Thanks!