Re: New ConTeXt module

From: M Watts
Subject: Re: New ConTeXt module
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 16:51:42 +1000

fiëé visuëlle wrote:
Am 2009-03-10 um 00:17 schrieb -Eluze:
Valentin Villenave wrote:

Perhaps Eluze was mixing up ConTeXt and ConTEXT :-)
thanks - how could I ?! I had no idea the other one also exists!

I agree that "context" is a bad choice as a product name, as is "latex"...

Well, if TeX is supposed to be pronounced as "tech", as LaTeX as "lay-tech", then I guess ConTeXt is pronounced "con-tech-t", as opposed to ConTEXT, which is presumably pronounced normally, but this hair-splitting doesn't help when they're written down -- one's eyes tend to glaze over aBSuRd capitalisation.