Re: smaller distance between first Staff and TimeSig

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: smaller distance between first Staff and TimeSig
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 21:34:44 +0000

2009/3/6 Stefan Thomas <address@hidden>:
> Dear all,
> I forgot to switch on
> \override Score.VerticalAlignment #'max-stretch =
> #ly:align-interface::calc-max-stretch
> If I do so, the distance between topmost-Staff and TimeSig is too
> large, in my opinion.

I've already explained what you should do: set
'keep-fixed-while-stretching in the stave below TimeSig.  In your
amended example, you still have it set for TimeSig.

As for the duplicated time signature, be careful when using
\removeEmptyStaffContext.  It overrides any previous \Staff \layout
overrides, such as your removal of the Time_signature_engraver.  See
the warning here:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond/Changing-context-default-settings#Changing-context-default-settings

Regards,
Neil