Re: opening documents

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: opening documents
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 08:27:07 +0100

2009/3/4  <address@hidden>:
> I've read the tutorial...and done what it said.
> when I double click on the icon that looks like a note,,,,the PDF file is
> not created for the parts.
> For some reason it worked only for the score, and then for the subsequent
> MIDI file that popped up ...but I can't get the violin, viola, cello parts
> to do the same thing.

That is because your .ly file is not (yet) meant to generate
individual parts. I don't know what example you've taken, but if you
look at the code, you'll probably see that every part is defined as a
variable:

violinOne = { some notes here }

viola = { some other notes}

Then the variables are gathered in a \score block :

\score {
 <<
  \new Staff \violinOne
  \new Staff \viola
[etc.]

}

All you have to do is change the score block to remove every part you
do not want:

\score {
  \new Staff \violinOne
}

And then you may add another \score block afterwards, with another part:

\score {
  \new Staff \viola
}

This way every individual part will be printed sequentially. If you
write \book instead of \score, you will obtain the parts in different
PDF files.

Regards,
Valentin