MIDI not played by LilypondTool

From: MonAmiPierrot
Subject: MIDI not played by LilypondTool
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 07:50:01 -0800 (PST)

Hello, I'm using the latest versions of both Lilypond and LilypondTool (which
I find extremely useful) on WinXP sp3 with jEdit, but nowthe "play MIDI"
function doesn't work, and the player tells me "Error loading MIDI". The
reason could be it tries to load a ".MIDI" file and not a ".MID" one, which
is the one created: if I manually change the file extension, everything
work. The strange thing is that till some time ago it worked perfect and I
can't remember what I did wrong...
How can I tell LilypondTool to look for ".MID" files or, if I can't, how can
I tell Lilypond to write a ".MIDI" file? thanks

-----
Piero Faustini, PhD student
Dipartimento di Scienze Storiche
Sezione musicologia
Università di Ferrara

Software used:
- LyX 1.6.1 on WinXP; EndNote & JabRef
- MikTex
- LaTeX class: Koma book
- Lilypond and MusixTeX for example excerpts
- BibLaTeX for bibliographies