Re: Custom key signatures

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Custom key signatures
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 16:05:12 +0100

Kees van den Doel wrote:
My source file looks like this:

\include "persian.ly"
\score {
  \relative c' {
           \set Staff.keySignature = \shurE
           a b c
     }
  \midi { }
\layout { \context { \Score \override KeySignature #'text = #shurEKey }

which works fine. I would instead like to put the statement

\Score \override KeySignature #'text = #shurEKey
not in the layout{} but in my music expression, because now I can't change key
signature in a piece.
The syntax for overriding properties within the music expressions is
\override Score.KeySignature #'text = #shurEKey
This should be clear if you have read the section on "Tweaking output" in the Learning Manual.

  /Mats