Re: Cannot correctly code this rhythm...

From: M Watts
Subject: Re: Cannot correctly code this rhythm...
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 22:26:38 +1000

RandomLilyPondUser wrote:
Sure, that works for a new project, but what about in the context of my drum
project I've attached a couple posts back?

I haven't yet got the barlines lined up on each line, but I've made a start.

Btw, the file rudiments.ly, as posted, is missing a ' on lines 6 and 17; just change "\override Beam #'positions = #(1 . 1)" to " \override Beam #'positions = #'(1 . 1)" etc.

If you look at the output of drumtest.ly, there's an extra crotchet which takes it into a 73rd bar -- remove this, and it looks better immediately.

I found that I could strip out all the \noBreak jazz, and still achive six bars on every line with this \with block:

\new Score \with {
       proportionalNotationDuration = #(ly:make-moment 1 2)
       \override SpacingSpanner #'uniform-stretching = ##t
\override SpacingSpanner #'common-shortest-duration = #(ly:make-moment 1 8) \override SpacingSpanner #'base-shortest-duration = #(ly:make-moment 1 16)
}

which saves a lot of typing, but still doesn't do exactly what you want.