Re: Hello! and question about jazz chords

From: M Watts
Subject: Re: Hello! and question about jazz chords
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 22:11:55 +1000

Tim McNamara wrote:
I have not been able to figure out how to get LP to print anything like a m7b5 or a 7#9 or a 7b9 using \chordmode. This is difficult with a song like "Angel Eyes" which has a good half-dozen of these types of chords. Currently I am writing in those extensions by hand because it's just the simplest solution. Looking at the archives there seemed to be various solutions that seemed rather kludgy to me. It seems like I ought to be able to type something like d2:m7b5 and get that chord on the page.
Minor seventh, flat fifth --  c:m7.5-
Seventh, sharp ninth -- c:7.9+
Seventh, flat ninth -- c:7.9-