Re: \Paper syntax question

From: Padmavyuha
Subject: Re: \Paper syntax question
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 19:15:38 +0000

On 5 Feb 2009, at 19:02, Jonathan Kulp wrote:

Right. In my orchestral score I had to adjust the horizontal shift and line width to accommodate the instrument names, which were running off the left side of the page without the adjustments. I think if you play around with line-width you'll find what you need.

Jon

Yup, got it sussed now:

\paper { left-margin = 3\cm line-width = 17\cm }

where left-margin + line-width = paper-width - desired-right-margin (luckily for my tired brain, A4 has plain 21 cm as width) - so the above gives me a 3 cm LM and a 1 cm RM. I presume that when right- margin gets fully implemented, it'll just do that calculation for us :)

Thanks for your patience.

- Padmavyuha