Re: Mac OSX Leopard and midi

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Mac OSX Leopard and midi
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 22:38:53 +0800

On Thu, Feb 05, 2009 at 02:21:05PM +0000, Padmavyuha wrote:

> Update: If I insert a \midi {} command in my .ly file, the midi file
> gets generated but lilypond stops at the error message after that and
> the .ps/.pdf files never get generated.

Do you have a \layout{} as well?

Apart from that, I recommend running lilypond from the OSX
terminal as a test.  You mentioned you were running it inside some
other program; perhaps that other program is broken.  Let's see if
lilypond itself works; if it does, then we know the problem is the
other program.

Cheers,
- Graham