Re: newbie question about long scores / compilation times / memory alloc

From: Bertalan Fodor (LilyPondTool)
Subject: Re: newbie question about long scores / compilation times / memory allocation
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 17:03:58 +0100

joel mellin wrote:
Hi Bert,
Yes, it's a dual core machine. With 4 GB of RAM. I guess it just seems strange that it would limit itself at 50% when other processess use as much as they need when they need it.
No, they do only if they are using parallel computing. If the process only uses one core, then 50% is shown.

If it needs more memory, and is generating memory allocations errors as a result, doesn't it seems like it should be able to use it if it's there and available? I guess I'm just a little stumped.
Scheme gurus could help here.