Re: Persian accidentals

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: Persian accidentals
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 12:06:11 +0100

On 2 Feb 2009, at 08:55, Graham Breed wrote:

I think that koron and sori may not be in Unicode, which LilyPond uses for fonts. So some special implementation might be needed.

There'll be a code point in the font file. You can get it using FontForge (which I had to use for Sagittal because the Unicode mapping is wrong for some reason I may have been told about but forgot). Another thing Hudson Lacerda (the author of MicroABC) told me is that you can get PostScript code for a glyph from FontForge. That might be useful as some of the hacks in this thread have involved coding PostScript directly.

If you're designing a Unicode font there's a private use area for characters without an official code point.

It is only important to have it in Unicode if one would want to use it in the input files, which of course might be nice, though it is common to use p for koron and > for sori in ASCII files.

Behnam Rassi says he only knows how to make music fonts.

  Hans