Whole measure rest after changing staff

From: Stefan Waler
Subject: Whole measure rest after changing staff
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 13:38:28 +0100

Hi,

I would like to write a whole measure rest into a staff which I "left" just before - is this possible somehow? I tried using two voices with the result that the rest is is not centered vertically anymore (which is, BTW, always very annoying anyway).

Thanks for your help!

Stefan

c1 |
\set followVoice = ##t
\change Staff=RHStaff
% the whole measure rest should remain in the LHStaff AND begin
% at the same time as the following note
c8