Re: LSR status

From: Eluze Weehaeli
Subject: Re: LSR status
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 15:49:09 +0200

Am 27.08.2008, 11:02 Uhr, schrieb Graham Percival <address@hidden>:

Am 27.08.2008, 10:41 Uhr, schrieb Graham Percival <address@hidden>:

I wouldn't say that it would be a disaster; I still don't think that
it's been used enough to say that the loss would be *that* bad.

How can U use it if it is not available 99% of the time...(at least the
last 2 weeks)?!

It's been online for almost two years.  Plenty of time for people to
start using it if they were going to.

It doesn't matter really if it was up + running for 2 years or 10 - we are interested in the time now!

Hopefully when 2.12 is out, it'll get more interest due to all the
snippets in the docs.

One inconvenience about the docs is that it is very difficult to locate/search something if you do not already know pretty exactly what you are looking for. LSR allows search for combinations and alternatives.

That's what I recommend, anyway -- that way you get (relatively) good,
sensible snippets.  If you look at LSR itself, you take the risk of
having bad info (like all wiki-like systems).

I don't follow you - better don't start to use LSR? I believed the snippets in the "big page" come out of the repository.

IMO, LSR should only be
used when you want to add a new snippet.

Maybe you want to use it before you can contribute...

<
< Cheers,

Greetings,
Eluze