[no subject]

From: Ralph Palmer
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 14:43:39 -0400

Greetings -

I'm running LilyPond 2.11.53 under WinXP SP2.

I'm trying to add ossia to a traditional Nova Scotian fiddle tune, and
I can't figure out how to get rid of the initial clef in the ossia
staff. I've tried using explicitClefVisibility, but I can't get it to
work. Anyone have any suggestions? I can't seem to connect to the
Snippet Repository; has it moved, or is this intermittent?

I'm including the whole file, since it's not long anyway.

Peace,

Ralph

%%%%% BEGIN SNIPPET  %%%%%

% Created on Mon Aug 11 17:53:13 EDT 2008
\version "2.11.53"

\header {
        title = "The Night We had the Goats"
        meter = "reel"
        arranger = "traditional (Cape Breton)"
}

\include "english.ly"
%\include "definitions.ly"

staffViolin =   {
%{
        \time 2/2
        \set Staff.instrumentName="Violin"
%       \set Staff.midiInstrument="violin"
        \key e \minor
        \clef treble
        \relative c'' {
%}
<<

        \new Staff \with
        {
                % No time signature in the ossia staff
                \remove "Time_signature_engraver"
                fontSize = #-3
                \override StaffSymbol #'staff-space = #(magstep -3)
                \override StaffSymbol #'thickness = #(magstep -3)
                firstClef = ##f
        }
        \relative c''
        {
                \stopStaff
                \partial 8 s8 |
                s1 |
                \startStaff
                e8^"variation" fs g fs e d b e |
                \stopStaff
                s1*3 |
                \startStaff
                e8^"variation" fs g fs e d b e |
                \stopStaff
                s1*10
        }
\new Staff \relative c'' {
        \time 2/2
        \set Staff.midiInstrument="violin"
        \key e \minor
        \clef treble
        \partial 8 b8 \mark \markup { \musicglyph #"scripts.segno" } |
        d8[ g,] g16[ g g8] b8 g b d |
        e4\trill e8 g d b a b |
        d8 g, g16 g g8 b g b d |
        d8 g d b a4 a8 b |
        \break
        d8 g, g16 g g8 b g b d |
        e4\trill g\trill d8 b a b |

         \relative c''
         {
        d8 g, g16 g g8 b g b d |
        e8 g d b a4
        \bar "||"
        \break
% Part B
        b8 d |
        e4 e8 g d b b d |
        e4\trill e8 g d e g4\trill |
        \times 2/3 { a8( g fs) } g e d b b d |
        e8 g d b a4 b8 d |
        \break
        e4 e8 g d b b d |
        e4\trill e8 g d e g a |
        b8 a g e d b b d |
        e8 g d b a4 a8 b_\markup { \italic {"D.S."}} |
         \bar "|."

\score {
        <<
                \staffViolin

        \midi {
        }

        \layout  {
                indent = 0
        \context { \Score \remove "Bar_number_engraver" }

\paper {
}

%%%%%% END SNIPPET %%%%%

--