Re: collision problem

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: collision problem
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 12:33:01 -0700

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 1:59 AM, David Bobroff <address@hidden> wrote:

> Tom Cloyd wrote:
>>
>> I'm hoping there's a quick solution to this someone can just tell me. I've
>> spent hour this weekend pouring over ly documentation, and I simply don't
>> any more hours.
>>
>> I'm having a collision problem - between my metronome marking and a string
>> number indicator.
>>
>> The code snippets...
>>
>> [,,,]
>>   \tempo 8 = 120
>> [...]
>>   \relative c''{
>>       <a\1> b\2 c
>>   }
>>
>> The collision is nearly perfect - they obliterate each other!
>>
>> IS there an easy solution?
>
> What version are you using?  I just ran the following:
>
> \score {
>   \relative c''{
>   \tempo 8 = 120
>       <a\1> b\2 c
>   }
> }
>
> ..on 2.11.55 and did not see any collision.

I can't reproduce this problem either on 2.11.56.  Tom, your example
didn't compile for me because the \tempo indication needed to be
inside the \relative block (like David's example).

I removed this warning from the docs a couple of days ago.  If you
provide a complete example where is collision occurs, I will happily
add the warning back.

Thanks,
Patrick