Re: GDP: Rhythms: add-grace-property

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: GDP: Rhythms: add-grace-property
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 20:04:45 +0100

Hi Jonathan,

2008/8/11 Jonathan Kulp <address@hidden>:

> "The layout of grace expressions can be changed throughout the
> music using the function @code{add-grace-property}.  The following
> example undefines the @code{Stem} direction for this grace, so
> that stems do not always point up."
>
> @example
> \new Staff @{
>  #(add-grace-property 'Voice 'Stem 'direction '())
>  @dots{}
> @}
> @end example

I suspect this is something that worked many moons ago, but as you've
found out, you can't set 'direction to an empty list, or indeed to
CENTER.

The correct method to make grace notes behave like normal notes would
be to use the same 'direction setting callback which the Stem grob
uses:

#(add-grace-property 'Voice 'Stem ly:stem::calc-direction)

Regards,
Neil