Re: Accidentals tied over a line break

From: Jonathan Wilkes
Subject: Re: Accidentals tied over a line break
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 03:07:33 +0000 (UTC)

Han-Wen Nienhuys <hanwen <at> lilypond.org> writes:

> Mats Bengtsson wrote:
> > In the source code, I found a comment saying:
> > TODO: insert support for smaller cautionaries, tie-break-reminders.
> > which indicates that this is a feature that is not yet
> > implemented. I made some quick attempts to solve the problem
> > by redefining Accidental #'after-line-breaking but didn't manage.
>
> the right approach is to add an option to accidental-engraver.cc to
> ignore tied notes completely.

I would be very interested in an option to suppress accidentals when notes are
tied over line breaks.
Since lilypond's current behavior in this regard is not a bug, is there some
place to post a feature request for suppressing accidentals in this case?

On a related note, how complex is the process of fixing the tie & time signature
collision bug?  How does one go about sponsoring a fix like this?

Thanks,
Jonathan