Re: \repeat with upbeat (partial) and alternatives

From: Dan Eble
Subject: Re: \repeat with upbeat (partial) and alternatives
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 22:37:44 +0000 (UTC)

Dan Eble <dan <at> faithful.be> writes:

> Try using the following "\measure" function instead of "\partial 4" in
> your example.  It should be used in the same place, at the beginning of
> the second alternative, otherwise it will cause problems if you ever
> unfold the repeat.

Whoops! I completely missed the fact that your second alternative does not begin
on the first beat of the measure. Good thing they don't throw people in jail for
posting without a brain.

The \measure function would only be appropriate in the case I *thought* I was
describing (which incidentally would be easier to read, in my amateur opinion).