Re: nopc -- Proposed Predefines

From: Palmer, Ralph
Subject: Re: nopc -- Proposed Predefines
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 09:52:02 -0400

Hi -

I'd like to chime in with my two cents on the JEdit / no JEdit topic.

Perhaps I should try again, but when I tried using JEdit about a year ago (with
LilyPondTool, I think - is JEdit normally used without LilyPondTool?), it took
so long to load JEdit, that I said, "Forget it - I'm going back to ConTEXT."
ConTEXT is not perfect, but it works and works quickly for me. Anybody know if
JEdit's load time has improved any?

Also, I hope the tenor of the discussion stays civil. People's preferences
differ, often with valid reasons. I don't think any of us want to push (hard,
anyway) anyone in a particular software direction -- except in the direction of
LilyPond, of course. I'm on a PC running XP SP3 now, others are on Macs, and
many seem to be running some version of Linux, so I would assume that not all
software is useable by all of us. I'm hoping to get my daughter's semi-trashed
6-year-old laptop soon, reformat, and start learning Linux, so I'll be in a new
category soon. I do think we all want as many people to be able to use LilyPond
as painlessly as possible, right?

Thanks for listening, and thanks for all your hard work - everybody!

Peace,

Ralph

Ralph Palmer, CEM
Energy/Administrative Coordinator