Re: Enlarge the size of the accidentals in figured bass

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Enlarge the size of the accidentals in figured bass
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 16:00:34 +0000 (UTC)

Arno Rog <arno.rog <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Neil,
>
> This is really great!
> May I suggest a new default value of 0 (zero).
> The present value is really too small in comparison to the numbers
 (and to read).

> Is there a place where I can make such a siggestion for the
upcoming release?

This is the place.  I will make the change, if there is consensus on the
-user list
that this is something we want to do.  I'm not an expert on figured bass
(as James has noticed in the past) but I'm doing the GDP section on chords,
so I'm familiar with the figured bass part of LilyPond.

While we're at it, I'd be willing to change the font of the figures
to something
other than the music font.  Several have complained in the past that the
figures are too heavy for the music.

So, figured bass experts, here's your opportunity to chime in:

1.  Do you want the accidental size increased?

2.  Do you want the figure number font changed?

Carl