Re: mac os x, lilypondtool, jedit, a puzzle

From: Stan Sanderson
Subject: Re: mac os x, lilypondtool, jedit, a puzzle
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 08:33:12 -0500

On May 4, 2008, at 11:31 PM, Brett Duncan wrote:

Stan Sanderson wrote:

By any chance, are you using Lilypond v 2.11.44-1 or 2.11.45-1 ? Both of those versions were built with Python included (as I understand it). Neither would run on either the PPC 10.4.11 powerbook or a x86 iMac running 10.4.11. Version 2.11.45-2 does run, and is the version called by jEdit in my install.
Stan

I'm now using LP 2.11.45-2, and calling it and convert-ly from within jEdit, and it's all good.

So maybe the problem is specific to the PPC version of LP, or perhaps there is something odd about how java is behaving on your machine.

Brett

You appear to have covered all the bases; I tried it on an intel iMac- same results as on the PPC machine. Caveat- I am using XDarwin (Xorg's X11 implementation) through Fink on both machines. There may be a path issue or, as you suggest, some java oddity.

jEdit is running (Apple's) Java 1.5.0_13.

Hard to solve a puzzle when we're not using matching pieces!

Thanks for trying!

Stan