Re: Help with slash repeats

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Help with slash repeats
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 17:01:19 +0200

See http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=332

  /Mats

Bertalan Fodor (LilyPondTool) wrote:
An idea: override the stencil property of the Rest object to output a slash instead of a rest symbol.

Aaron Morse wrote:
Hello all -

This may be a dumb question, but I've been trawling through the documentation for hours now and can't figure it out. I'm trying to indicate basic time in a drum part (i.e., four slashes in a 4/4 bar, 3 in a 3/4 bar, etc. etc.) The only way I can find to make said slashes is to use the \repeat "percent" 4 syntax, but that requires a note or a rest (which would then be at the beginning of the bar instead of the slash.) Is there another way to call on this object, or some way to manipulate it to show four slashes per bar?

Thanks,
Aaron

LilyPondTool is the editor for LilyPond files.
See http://lilypondtool.organum.hu

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        School of Electrical Engineering