Re: Anchor point for slurs

From: Oscar van Eijk
Subject: Re: Anchor point for slurs
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 09:22:58 +0200

On Tue, 2008-04-15 at 22:19 +0100, Neil Puttock wrote:
> On 15/04/2008, Oscar van Eijk <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Neil,
> >
> >  Thanks for your reply, but the idea is, the phrase ends where the
> >  dualvoice ends, in this example at the last 'a', so your suggestion
> >  doesn't help I'm afraid :-S
>
> I thought that might be the case. :) I originally wrote a completely
> different reply, but doubts crept in when I re-read your original
> post.

Okay ;)

> Now I understand exactly what you're after, I'll point you in the
> direction of section 3.2.2 "Explicitly instantiating voices" (Learning
> manual), which should give you an idea why you shouldn't be using the
> shorthand polyphonic notation ( << { } \\ { } >> ) in this situation.

I did read that section, but it states, slurs are relative to a voice
context, also when explicit voices are used.
This phrase starts with a longer singel voice part and ends with a short
2 voice piece (it's piano music).

If I embed the single voice part in the first voice, I must manually do
all \stemUp and \stemDown, and rests would be to hight on the staff :-/
Therefore I was hoping for some kind of anchor... or any note or rest
without value that I can hide.

Thanks,
Oscar