Re: \incudes in \include'd files

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: \incudes in \include'd files
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 18:39:13 +0200

On 12 Apr 2008, at 18:17, Valentin Villenave wrote:
Is there a way to have /include keep relative path information?

Currently there isn't (and I find it very much annoying, which is why
I proposed to sponsorize this implementation).
See

I have a vague memory this was discussed before. Anyway, it was discussed on the Bison lists, and decided that a relative path in a file should be relative that file. By contrast, in a startup argument, it should be relative the program, in order to get in right in 'make'-files for example. - ANd if one want to know exactly how the shell computes the full path, then one can look at say 'man bash', section "COMMAND EXECUTION".

  Hans Åberg