Re: combining parts

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: Re: combining parts
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 18:01:49 +0200

On 09.04.2008, at 16:53, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:

I'm sure the rest collision would work, but in actual practice, I'm reducing an SSAATTBB choral work down to something manageable on the piano. To that end, I've come across another snag.

ErsteStimme = { g'4 fis' g'2}
ZweiteStimme = { d'2 c' }
DritteStimme = { g'4 fis' g'2 }
VierteStimme = { d'2 c'  }
\score {
        \new Staff <<
\new Voice \with {\remove Rest_engraver}<<\voiceOne \ErsteStimme \DritteStimme>> \new Voice \with {\remove Rest_engraver}<<\voiceTwo \ZweiteStimme \VierteStimme>>

}
In real music (and this is the simplest example I could find), I get errors and doubled noteheads.