Re: time notation

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: Re: time notation
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 15:34:50 -0500

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 10:56 AM, Andrea Valle <address@hidden> wrote:

On 24 Mar 2008, at 16:47, Graham Percival wrote:
Oh, I see.  Well, you could create an invisible time signature of
10000 / 14353, then create a note with r1*0.568292 -- I haven't
checked the math here, though.

Yeah, it gets really complicated but I could try.

I recommend keeping this discussion on the mailist, though, since other
people here know much more about this than me.

Of course, sorry, I never get used to the CC mechanism, so I thought I was replying to the list

Hi Andrea,

Warning: completely untested idea: but could you simply use proportional notation with  4/4 (hide all the barlines, meters, etc) and then renotate each floating point value as a fraction over 1000 (or 10000)?

  \new Staff {
     c'1 * 3921/1000
     c'1 * 689/1000
  }

(I'm assuming you probably have lists of floats that represent durations or attack times, yes?)

Trevor.

--
Trevor Bača
address@hidden