Re: tuplets interferring with slurs

From: Risto Vääräniemi
Subject: Re: tuplets interferring with slurs
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 17:27:13 +0300

On 02/04/2008, Valentin Villenave wrote:

> Hmm. Interesting.
>
>  Can you have a look at
>  http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/list?q=tuplet+AND+collision
>  and check if your bug is not listed? If it is not, provide me with a
>  minimal report and I'll add it.

I had a look at the tracker with your keywords plus some others that
came to my mind (slur, tupletbracket, tupletnumber...) but couldn't
find a duplicate.

Here it goes. I hope the description is accurate enough. Feel free to modify it.

-----

The slur may collide with the tuplet number with following conditions:
-tuplet is beamed
-the slur is on the same side as the tuplet number
-the slur starts or ends at the horizontal position of the tuplet number
 (such a tuplet is usually a triplet, quintuplet, ...)

%%%%%
\version "2.11.43"

\paper { ragged-right = ##t }

{
   \slurUp \times 2/3 { a'8( a') a' }
}
%%%%%

--------

When i compile the code I get following errors:
programming error: no solution found for Bezier intersection

I attached two images. The quintuplet shows the issue probably a bit
more clearly.

-Risto