Re: StaffSymbol: line-positions

From: Till Rettig
Subject: Re: StaffSymbol: line-positions
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 17:45:04 +0300

\score{
\new Staff \with {
  \override StaffSymbol #' line-position = #' ( 6 3 0 -3 -6 )
  }{
  d' e' f' g' c''
} }

In my idea the second example should print wider spaces and set the notes
somhow off the lines, but it just prints the standard lines 4 2 0 -2 -4.
Why is this so?

Have you read the output produced by lilypond:
Warnung: Eigenschafts-Typprüfung für »line-position« (backend-type?) kann
nicht gefunden werden.  vielleicht ein Tippfehler?

And indeed, you forgot the final "s" in line-position*s*...

BTW, your example shows a nasty bug with bar lines: They are drawn centered
around 0, so if the staff lines are placed asymmetric, the bar line is off..

Cheers,
Reinhold

Yeah, I tried it on a finnish Windows, and the messages get messed up because the command line doesn't support utf8 -- and I obviously didn't understand the message, either. But thanks to Mats I got it.

About the bug: I thought I would write: this works only with symmetrical staff lines. As I understand everything is built around symmetrical staves, but when thinking about it there could be a need for having the staves positioned on an even number of half staff space positions, so it would'nt be anymore symmetrical.
Can you add it to the bug tracker?

Till