Re: \smallCaps and special characteres

From: Nicholas WASTELL
Subject: Re: \smallCaps and special characteres
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 11:01:00 +0100

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 19:26:20 -0700 (PDT)
Zenith <address@hidden> wrote:

>  I thought it would be an easy way, :confused:at this moment, this solution
> is too advanced to me. %-|

Too advanced for me, too!

I have been using this construction for non-ascii characters:

\markup { \concat { "C" \small "HŒUR" }}

which works well, but is not as convenient as \smallCaps, of course.

A couple of questions:

If there is a workable alternative to using guile for the small-caps feature,
could it be included in lilypond?

What is the difference between \caps and \smallCaps?  They seem to give
identical results (where I have used them), with the same limitation for
non-ascii text.

Rgds

Nick.
--