Re: Parenthesizing rests

From: Wilbert Berendsen
Subject: Re: Parenthesizing rests
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 08:30:05 +0100

Op woensdag 26 maart 2008, schreef Aaron Dalton:
> I've done some archive searching but there does not appear to be any
> solution.  How does one parenthesize rests?  I'm preparing a number of
> transcriptions that will eventually be formally published (with Lilypond
> credited as the engraver) and need to be able to show editorial rests as
> well as pitches.  I am having the same problems outlined in the list
> archives.

I have no solution, but grepping/looking in the sources I found both
references to:
        to_boolean (me->get_property ("parenthesized"))
as well as:
        to_boolean (ev->get_property ("parenthesize"))

note the "d" at the end :)

In music-functions-init.ly the property name 'parenthesize is used.
Which one is correct and could that be the cause of rests not working?

best regards,
Wilbert Berendsen

--
LilyKDE, LilyPond for KDE: http://lilykde.googlecode.com/
[version 0.4.9 is out today, with new Konqueror servicemenu]