Re: use the \tweak command (was Re: Coloring ornaments)

From: David Fedoruk
Subject: Re: use the \tweak command (was Re: Coloring ornaments)
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 02:08:48 -0700

Yes, I've seen that page and it works for indvidual NoteHeads. I do
not want to colour the note heads, I want to color the ornament
(articulation) over it.

I just do not know how to specify the ornament specifically. I Know
that it is linked to or is a property of the NoteHead, i jut don't
know how to name it.

You can see that I've taken parts of the syntax for individual notes,
but that doesn't get the ornament. Lilypond chokes after
NoteHead.articulation. -type halts the program.

>  > % articulation-type (string)
>  > color = \override NoteHead.articulation-type "mordent" = #darkred
>  >
>  > Lilypond complains about the "-type"  and also complains about
>  > "-mordent", so that is not right, but I do not know where to go from
>  > here.
>  >
>  > Help on this would be appreciated,
>

> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/Documentation/user/lilypond/Objects-connected-to-the-input
>
>  try e.g.
>  {
>   c4-\tweak #'color #red -\prall
>  }

I have successfully all the notes of one voice, but this did not catch
the ornaments. It was interesting, but not what I wanted

Cheers,
David

P.S. I just tried the  \tweak solution again and got this error:

Bach_bwv814.ly:33:0: error: syntax error, unexpected STRING

rhOne = {
Bach_bwv814.ly:41:32: error: syntax error, unexpected EVENT_IDENTIFIER
        b'8.\tweak #'color #red
                                \mordent[ cs''16 ] d''16[ b' e'' b' ]
fs''8[ b'~ ] b'16[ b' e'' d'' ]                    | % bar 1
Bach_bwv814.ly:82:8: error: errors found, ignoring music expression

%%%%

I believe the problem is that I am not naming the object I'm trying to
color correctly. There is another post about coloring a Cautionary
accidental

<http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2007-03/msg00275.html>

His problem was that he called the object Voice.Accidental. This is
incorrect, it should be AccidentalCautionary. Thats why i think I'm
naming the object incorrectly.

Cheers again

∂œ

--
David Fedoruk
B.Mus. UBC,1986

http://recordjackethistorian.wordpress.com
"Music is enough for one's life time, but one life time is not enough
for music" Sergei Rachmaninov