\arpeggioUp with connected voices

From: Arjan Bos
Subject: \arpeggioUp with connected voices
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 11:10:38 +0100

Dear List,

Could anyone please tell me how I can do an arrowed arpeggio with \arpeggioUp when two voices share the arpeggio? I've tried this (adjusted from <http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/Documentation/user/lilypond/Arpeggio#Arpeggio >):

\version "2.11.39"
\score {
  \new StaffGroup {
    \set Score.connectArpeggios = ##t
    <<
      \new Voice \relative c' {
        \arpeggioUp
        <e g>4\arpeggio
      }
      \new Voice  \relative c {
        \clef bass
        \arpeggioUp
        <c e>4\arpeggio

  \layout {
    \context {
      \Score
      \consists "Span_arpeggio_engraver"

but that gives an unarrowed arpeggio:

Thanks,
A.J.

---
People have believed for hundreds of years that newts in a well mean that the water's fresh and drinkable, and in all that time never asked themselves whether the newts got out to go to the lavatory.

-- (Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man)