Re: Slurs after line break - comments affect layout?

From: Risto Vääräniemi
Subject: Re: Slurs after line break - comments affect layout?
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 13:14:01 +0200

Alright,

Things are unwinding a bit...

With Mats' suggestion to use \override Staff.KeySignature #'avoid-slur
=#'outside [1] and exploiting the example in section "Difficult
tweaks" the results look a bit better. However, the offset is
currently hard-coded in the callback. :-(

There's one question for the Scheme pros that I already asked in my
previous email but appears here again for summing things up:
Can I pass the extra-offset parameter to the slur-callback function/procedure?

I already tried adding a new parameter after grob and tried to call
the function by ... = #slur-callback #'(X . Y) but I got errors
complaining about wrong number of arguments.

-Risto

[1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2007-06/msg00090.html

%%%%%
\version "2.11.41"

\paper
{
    indent = 0\mm
    ragged-right = ##t
}

#(define (slur-callback grob offset)
    (let* (
        ; have we been split?
            (orig (ly:grob-original grob))
                ; if yes, get the split pieces (our siblings)
                    (siblings (if (ly:grob? orig)
                        (ly:spanner-broken-into orig) '() )))
            (if (and (>= (length siblings) 2)
                (eq? (car (last-pair siblings)) grob))
                (ly:grob-set-property! grob 'extra-offset (0 . 3)))))

\relative c''
{
    \clef treble \time 4/4 \key f \minor

    \override Staff.KeySignature #'avoid-slur =#'outside

    \once \override Slur #'after-line-breaking = #slur-callback
    g2^( g4 g \break
    g2) \once \override Slur #'after-line-breaking = #slur-callback g2^( \break
    es2) es
}
%%%%%